Stillness practice -
Layer 3 – is the female body embodied stillness practice built on layer 1 & 2.
Here we take our awareness to each part of our body with gratitude and love.
It is recommended before practicing layer 3 of Stillness practice, please practice layer 1 and 2.
And then move to Layer 3.
Let us get started…
Set your own ambience for the stillness practice.
Take a comfortable position and make sure your back is straight sitting or lying down.
Take a scan of your body for tight muscles and breathe and relax them consciously, breathing into them. Bring in a light smile on your lips and let the facial muscles relax.
Just connect to the sounds outside and inside, jumping from one sound to another.
Gently, take your attention to your breath– just watching it as it is, not changing, not controlling.
Watching it with love and gratitude- your dear friend always there for you- energising you, cleansing you, healing you, connecting you, and loving you. Watch the passage of the breath – nostrils, throat, chest, stomach – and observe it gently moving to your hands, legs, torso, face, head and to the whole female body- filling the trillion of cells with life force.
Become aware of the whole- body breathing with very subtle vibrations. Whole body breathing, whole body breathing, whole body breathing. PAUSE
- Let us now take a mental round of our female body with awareness , gratitude and love.
Wherever any part of the body is not there, replace my words with ‘a place of it’ saying it to yourself. For example, If the right breast is not present, just say ‘the place of it’.
- Starting with the right side of the body – right hand fingers, palm, wrist, forearm, elbow, upper arm, shoulder, armpit, right breast and nipple or the place of it, waist, hip, right groin, thigh, knee, leg, ankle, foot, toes, and the whole right side of our female body
- Now let us take our attention to the left side of our female body- left hand fingers, palm, wrist, forearm, elbow, upper arm, shoulder, armpit, left breast and nipple or the place of it, waist, hip, left groin, thigh, knee, leg, ankle, foot, toes, and the whole left side of our female body
- let us take our awareness to the back of the body –starting with both the heels, both the calf muscles, back of the knee, back of the thighs, sit bones, anus, perineum, buttocks, tailbone, sacrum (above tailbone), lower back, middle back, upper back, both the shoulder blades, back of the neck, back of the head, and top of the head.
- Now move to the front of the body – starting with forehead, eyebrows, eyebrow centre, temples, nose, tip of the nose, eyes, ears, cheeks, jaw, lips , chin , front of the neck, both the breast or the place of it, chest area, stomach , navel, entire pelvic area with the ovaries, uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix, vagina, labia, whole crotch area, thighs, knees legs, feet and both the soles of the feet.
- Become aware of the right, left, back and front of our body… the whole female body…the whole female body, the whole female body. PAUSE
Think of your body as a geometrical form made up of many equilateral triangles. The internal female geometry of the body holds the five elements that make the body.
Think of your sacred object and connect to it and request it to be your guide and guard, when you are in stillness and expanding your energetic territory. Trust and do not have an iota of doubt. Trust here is most important.
Imagine a central luminous line of light like that of the luminosity of mercury running from the centre above your head through your fontanel, aligning with the spinal cord to the Perineum, extending between your legs to mother earth. Luminous line holds the radiant energy of the Moon mother and earth, always mothering your body. Your luminous line is your connection to earth mother, and cosmic mother – Great mother of all.
Stay alert to your luminous line in stillness practice to choose a syllable or group of syllables that appeals to you and comes to you as a sonic connection to align yourself to Moon mother. In stillness the syllable will choose you and you need to be JUST open to receive the syllable/ls. These syllable/s can originate from within, as it originated when you were an infant. You must trust yourself and your body to choose the syllable. They are primordial sounds, sounds of nature, the sounds an infant utters.
With the silent repetition of the syllable/s you expand your energetic boundary from your central luminous line and Imagine the radiant light from it expanding on all eight directions, above and below occupying more and more space through the ever-spreading light reaching across cosmos, ancestors, evolved beings in this planet and in the cosmos, women of the world, skies, rivers, seas, planets, and stars.
You are such an important and precious being in the world and you are connecting to other precious beings in the planet and cosmos. You are well contained in your physical body, and you are also unbounded energetic life force both at the same time.
In stillness observe your luminous line, your expanding energetic territory and your breath. With this consciousness, just stay in stillness. Let thoughts come and go and watch them as clouds in the sky. If you get carried away, come back to your luminous line and breath. How many ever times you get carried away, let it be and just come back to your line of light, your syllables, and your breath. Mind is doing its job, and our job is to hold stillness.
Whenever you decide to finish, send healing, love, peace, wellbeing to all beings of the earth and cosmos, your near and dear ones and thank the sacred object for its protection.